Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day 23 .... 05.06.13 .... Windsor

Another great day weather-wise and we headed towards Windsor. We started to leave built-up areas and the Thames became quite spacious.....



...although compared to the canal the whole river is roomy to say the least!!




The view approaching Windsor is pretty impressive!



We found a mooring with a good view ( not as close to the castle as this though!) and walked back in to the town to look around. It was quite full of tourists but not heaving like it would be in mid summer.



In the High Street we discovered this extremely patriotic telephone box but I had to wait to use it.....



.... guess who was using it before me!!!!

A brilliant idea with Prince Harry and Kate on the other two sides!



I went off to walk around Eton town looking for a takeaway coffee but couldn't find one. I didn't realise until I saw\this photo back on the boat (which I had taken) that I had been standing right outside a Costa! All the shop fronts were old and original concealing the true identity of what lurks inside!




....needless to say, Chris easily found a drinking establishment that suited his needs and so I joined him and  had a delicious Cappuccino anyway.

Tomorrow we are heading off to Marlow.


1 comment:

  1. We recall having an excellent Sunday lunch with C's parents in a pub garden on the river in Windsor, just by a bridge. Toured the castle afterwards & was the first time when I was asked whether I was an OAP. (I wasn't yet !!). Saw parts that were still unrepaired or being repaired after the fire.

    ReplyDelete