Monday 17 June 2013

Day 30.... Froxfield,Wilts ... 12.06.13

Left the mooring in a mizzle, did a couple of locks and then were set our first puzzle.




Namely a lovely, lonely lock with a swing bridge over the top.  I needed to climb out of the boat via the ladder and so threw my gloves up prior to clambering up 




A lucky miss. We were sharing the field with some best Wiltshire beef !!! The whole area is beautifully peaceful and so we decided to moor up .....





but were slightly surprised by .......




A Great Western Train hurtling past.... did wave to the driver and he did hoot hello.

Amazingly though the odd train did not bother us at all.
The only unfortunate thing about this area is that we cannot get O2 which is what the computer dongle belongs to and so we have had to miss five days which I am catching up on for those of you who are following on the odd occasion.  



  

2 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear that you are intending to catch up.... I was missing my daily fix of your travels.
    I think that we are five days behind now ?? love,
    D & C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know .... we are at a lovely place called Honeystreet and at long last have an O2 signal. Am playing catch up this morning and meeting Deborah and James for lunch at an old pub called the Barge. James grew up around here I believe so I am looking forward to hearing some tales about the area.

      Delete